Go back to the map

Jewish synagogue

Koordinatės: 55.489737, 22.181717
Objekto adresas: Maironio 2 str. Šilalė, Lithuania
Savivaldybė: Bezirk Šilalė

Before World War II, Šilalė had 1406 citizens and 786 of them were Jews. A brick synagogue was built on what is the modern-day corner of V. Kudirkos and Maironio streets circa 1910-1914. It also hosted a Jewish primary school up until 1941. The school employed one teacher and had 80 pupils.
After the war the synagogue became a warehouse. During the years of the Soviet invasion, the premises were also turned into a furniture shop.
Currently (2018), the building has lost its architectural value and hosts “Senukai” shop.

Compiled in 2018

Submitted: Šilalės rajono savivaldybės viešoji biblioteka | J. Basanavičiaus g. 15, LT-75138 Šilalė | info@silalesbiblioteka.lt | http://www.silalesbiblioteka.lt

The object available in the following routes
 
  • Description:

    Dabartinis pastatas Maironio g. 2 : [skaitmeninė nuotrauka] / Rima Norvilienė. - Šilalė, 2018. - 1 vaizdas

    Source: Šilalės rajono savivaldybės viešoji biblioteka, Kraštotyros ir bibliografijos fondas

    Publisher: Šilalės rajono savivaldybės viešoji biblioteka

    Contributor: Šilalės rajono savivaldybės viešoji biblioteka

    Type / format: skaitmeninė nuotrauka / jpg

    Rights: CC BY-NC

    Dabartinis pastatas Maironio g. 2